Living a few days in the House of Stillness
There are a lot of reasons to visit the House of Stillness. Come and visit us when you are in need of or in the mood for living a few days in a different manner, and especially if you desire to discover silence as a source of strength.
- Simple life
- a day structured by prayer and silence
- time for recreation in a quiet surrounding
- a lot of time for yourself or/and
- the possibility of discovering life in community
Allow yourself freedom to
- relax and to let your thoughts roam
- get away from everyday life
- release what weights you down
- think about your life and your faith
- discover what keeps you alive and vital
- get new energy for your job
- keep well and fit – in body and soul
You perhaps need
- a time of convalescence
- a vacation in a spiritual atmosphere
- the beneficial experience of silence
- spiritual impulses for your life
- suggestions for a new perspective on your life
- simple release from your daily stress
Simply be yourself!
- your desire for abundance in your life
- your tiredness
- your questions
- your curiosity
- above all, yourself
Come if you think that it will do you good!
- to be fully imbedded in our community at prayer- and dinning times
- to live completely in silence, if you want
- a daily hour of silence
- Bible study once a week
- physical (stretching) exercises twice a week
- long walks in the region
- life- and spiritual coaching
- a lot of free time
When you come, we ask you to be ready to:
- accept a simple way of life
- accept times of solitude and silence
- help us one hour a day e.g. in the kitchen, in the garden, housekeeping, etc.
- humble rooms with a sink
- toilets and showers on each floor
- Two rooms with toilet and shower, for guests with handicaps
Duration of your retreat:
From one day up to a few months (after prior consultation). More often than not, it is no problem to come on short notice, but please give us a call or send us mail or email.
If you want to stay as a guest for a long period you will find important information here...
Normal price per day including all taxes (Price for socially deprived people)
full board residential
€ 39.- (€ 30.- )
Twin bed room (especially for youth)
full board residential
Pay by cash or credit card
We ask you to bring your own bed linen and towels. Bed linens and towels can also be provided by the House of stillness. In principle it is always possible to come anytime for a few days for a retreat. We set a few rooms aside when there are seminar guests in the house and also during the weekends. Therefore it is often possible to come on short notice! Please give us a call or send us mail or email to fix the period of your stay.